I don't want to shower

"
I don't want to shower,
I don't want to erase the sweat
That I have persevered for,
don't want to participate in your
Inflated ideals of cleanliness,
Brought to you
By the corporations' profit,
Through advertising, i.e. entertainment,
Willing your souls to scrub away,
All heathen thoughts and actions,
So we can cooperate,
So you can coerce,
And create co-ed zombies of the 21st century.
no thanks, man.
I'll just kick it and deal with my smell
Instead of yours.
"

- Excerpt from Serj Tankain's "cool gardens"

Serj Tankain is the lead singer of System of a Down, for those of you that don't know, this man is a true Musical, Political, and Satirical genius of our century, and deserves the rightful respect and acknlowedment that any Einstein deserves.

Every one needs to buy a copy of this book, if you liked Chuch Palahniuk's book Fight Club, one of my favorite authors, and a is a genius in his own right.

So Cool Gardens is for any one that enjoys contemporary poetry, this is a MUST HAVE!

What do you think?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

(This is not a commet on this specific post. I failed to find your email and therefore write you here instead. Please get back to me by mail. Carl@factualtv.com)

My name is Carl and I represent factualTV. A themed intereset web tv site. We were recently mentioned in an article in c21.

I wonder if you would consider mentioning us in your blog or just post a link? Is there a mailadress on which I could contact you? If so please let me know, I would like to send you some material and also answer any questions that you might have.

All the best,

Carl

Carl@factualtv.com
http://www.factualtv.com